Herbs and Gemstones for a Healthy, Stress-Free Vacation
We all know that even the best laid plans can be thrown off by poor flying conditions, jet lag, and other health-related nuisances that accompany travel. The easiest way to combat traveler’s ailments and make the most out of your vacation is by utilizing natural remedies and powerful crystals to keep your immune system up and energy levels stable.*
Traveler’s Complaint #1: Jet Lag
Nothing is worse than jet lag. When we cross time zones, our sleep cycles are seriously thrown off. But, before you reach for the coffee or the sleeping pills, give your body a break and try these healthy, all-natural remedies first:
- Echinacea is a powerful adaptogen that helps combat the disorientation and fatigue that accompanies jet lag. Take Echinacea first thing in the morning on your trip.
- Chamomile is a safe, soothing herb that gently relaxes the mind and body for rest. Try Chamomile tea a few hours before bed.
- Melatonin is a helpful OTC supplement that re-regulates circadian rhythms. Melatonin is a chemical released in our brains that regulates our internal body clock. Take melatonin a few hours before bedtime for restful sleep.
Traveler’s Complaint #2: Fear of Flying
Did you know that driving accidents are more common than plane crashes? Fear of flying, however, is incredibly common. Using a grounding stone while meditating or reciting mantras will reduce anxiety. Here is a grounding exercise to use with Hematite:
- Using deep breathing or your preferred method, enter a state of meditation. Try sitting on a chair with your bare feet on the ground.
- Hold your shard of Hematite in the palm of your non-dominant hand. Observe the texture of the stone and its weight. Keep the stone closed in your palm to concentrate its energies.
- Imagine your worst fears. For some, this is the idea of a plane crash. For others, it may be the idea of being ‘trapped’ in the air that creates anxiety. Allow yourself to encounter your fears. Hold the stone and allow it to ground your emotions. Be present in your body and aware of how firmly your feet are on the ground.
- Now, visualize these anxious images flowing from your mind in a colorful stream of energy, like blue or black. Breathe out these anxious energies with each exhale. Open your palm, and allow the Hematite to absorb the negative flow of energy from your mind.
- Picture the stone taking in all anxiety and negativity and sealing it away. All of your anxieties are now locked within the stone.
Traveler’s Complaint #3: Staying Healthy Before (And During) Vacation
A healthy immune system is essential for stress-free travel. Even during the spring months, there’s a risk of contracting common traveler’s illnesses, particularly the rotovirus (stomach flu). By consuming vitamins and herbs that bolster healthy gut bacteria and ward off colds, you can give your immune system a much-needed boost before you take off for your vacation. Here are some tips to stay healthy for travel:
- Take Probiotics daily: Probiotics are cheap and increase healthy intestinal flora, which strengthens immunity against a major vacation buzz kill: the stomach virus. Or, try eating organic yogurt twice daily.
- Switch out your latte for Ginseng tea: Ginseng promotes healthy adrenal function, which wards off fatigue and the common cold. Keep consuming Ginseng tea during your vacation for a natural energy boost.
- Eat some garlic: Crazy about Italian food? If so, you’re in luck: garlic is rich in immune-boosting antioxidants. Try a once daily supplement, or experiment with adding garlic in your cooking.
- Lay on the spice: Treat yourself to a few nights of Thai before your big trip. Studies have shown that spicy herbs boost immunity. In particular, Cayenne contains capsaicin, an anti-inflammatory that improves the body’s natural defenses against viruses and pathogens.
- Try Hawthorn Leaves: Drink a thermos of Hawthorn Leaf tea on your trip to the airport. Hawthorn Leaves fight off poor blood flow and oxygen circulation – two issues that can occur from breathing in recycled oxygen and increased atmospheric pressure.
And, last but not least, you can stay healthy with the simplest practices of all: hydrate and keep your hands clean!
(*Consult with your physician about herbal remedies and supplements before use.)
©Universal Copyright 2015 is authorized here. Please distribute freely as long as both the author Alexa Pellegrini and www.QuantumStones.com are included as the resource and this information is distributed on a non-commercial no charge basis.
[products_carousel display=”category” product_cat=”20″ featimg=”thumbnail” price=”true” add_to_cart=”true” auto=”true” timeout=”4000″ pager=”false”]